      Von: newcraft@... [mailto:newcraft@...] Im Auftrag von
      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. September 2006 00:42
      An: newcraft@...; learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com; jinankb
      Betreff: [newcraft] How to visit K B Jinan's village in India?

      Christine,

      Thank you for your letter! I imagine that K B Jinan would be very
      excited if you might visit his village
      http://www.kumbham.org/aboutus.htm I share below your letter and I hope
      he replies. I also hope you might write more in German or English about
      your upcoming trip and other places and people you will visit!

      Jinan, I'm very excited that you have joined us at our working group
      "Learning from each other"! I note your significant philosophical work
      http://www.paradigmsofknowing.org that invites us to observe how
      children actually learn. I hope we might grow with you.

      to our working group in German on "New Craft" led by Christine Ax. I
      think your work is a great example of a thriving craft.

      Also, Jinan, I look forward to including people from India in our
      upcoming social agriculture project.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas
      http://www.ms.lt
      ms@...
      +370 (5) 264 5950

      Christine Bärnthaler wrote:

      >Dear Andrius,
      >thank you for your mail concerning Kumbham. I am travelling to India in
      >December. Do you know if it is possible to visit the village?
      >Thank you, best greetings
      >Christine

      -
      >-------
      >Mag. Christine Bärnthaler
      >
      >bärnthaler consulting
      >Beratung und Management von Regionalprojekten
      >
      >A-8750 Judenburg Waltersdorferstrasse 37
      >E-Mail: christine.baernthaler@...
      >Mobil: +43 664 520 80 48
      >UIDNr.: ATU61972789
      -
      >-------

      von
> [...]
      >suited for the modern context and Kumbham was born. Today Kumbham is
      >hailed as a rare instance of a traditional artisan community
      >rehabilitating itself through the very craft they have been alienated from.
      >
      >Redefining terracotta
      >
      >Terracotta products need not only be used for decoration. Combining
      >beauty with utility, the artisans of Kumbham have redefined them, making
      >a wide variety of products for everyday use. Their skills have been
      >honed through generations and their products set new standards in
      >aesthetics. Unlike machine made products, each piece is unique and is a
      >work of art in itself. Moreover, terra-cotta being a natural material,
      >their use conforms to contemporary environmental ethics.
      >
      >Towards sensitive living
      >
      >Studies have shown that the objects you use everyday affect your
      >temperament and sensitivity as human beings. Kumbham products are
      >handmade with a lot of patience and sensitivity of a high order. Its
      >constant use will make you more sensitive, loving and kind to your
      >family and friends.
      >
      >Wide variety, wide acceptance
      >
      >Over the last few years many a product has come out of their kilns which
      >are notable for their form as well as function. Kumbham products now
      >find wide acceptance in households, corporate offices, hotels and resorts.
      >
      >K B Jinan
      >
      >"...today, Aruvacode–a tiny hamlet in Kerala's Malappuram district–and
      >cradling a group of traditional potters–has become world-known as a
      >centre of experiment for exploring craft, art and architectural designs
      >based on natural instinct and hereditary knowledge"
      >The Hindu
      >Sunday, July 12, 1998
      >
      >"...they must come from an impassioned, creative mind, or from a
      >philosopher and social worker. Is K B Jinan either? It's hard to tell
      >for, to separate the strands would be to do disservice to Jinan"
      >Design Digest
      >April 1997
      >

      >Bitte beachtet unsere Regel: Jeder Brief der an unsere Gruppe gesandt wird
      >wird der den Teilnehmern und der Öffentlichkeit zur Verfügung gestellt, zur
      >freien Verwendung (weiterverbreitung, Veränderung und Gebrauch) für alle,
      >außer es werden explizite Einschränkungen in diesem Brief gemacht.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      >Bitte beachtet unsere Regel: Jeder Brief der an unsere Gruppe gesandt wird
      wird der den Teilnehmern und der Öffentlichkeit zur Verfügung gestellt, zur
      freien Verwendung (weiterverbreitung, Veränderung und Gebrauch) für alle,
      außer es werden explizite Einschränkungen in diesem Brief gemacht.

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Bitte beachtet unsere Regel: Jeder Brief der an unsere Gruppe gesandt wird
      wird der den Teilnehmern und der Öffentlichkeit zur Verfügung gestellt, zur
      freien Verwendung (weiterverbreitung, Veränderung und Gebrauch) für alle,
      außer es werden explizite Einschränkungen in diesem Brief gemacht.

    Deine Nachricht wurde erfolgreich abgeschickt und wird in Kürze an die Empfänger geliefert.