Wird geladen ...
Beim Laden des Inhalts ist leider ein Fehler aufgetreten.

More on dementia & EMF exposure - High-tech eye on the kids - Mobile Pho ne Tower Regulation Should Be Obligatory, Not Voluntary - 3G Mobile Signals Can Cau se Nausea, Headache–Study - Hundreds of Women demonstrated - Some thoughts & corr espondence regarding the current weather situ ation - Official Position of the WHO on EHS as of February 2003 - Cell phone da nger quoted in Culture Change - RE: Lov e Sickness - Why Gaia Needs Rainforests - EMF-Omega-News

Nachrichten erweitern
  • Buergerwelle e.V., Dachverband / BI Omeg
    Nachricht 1 von 1 , 1. Okt. 2003
    Quelle anzeigen
    • 0 Anhang
      Dear Sir, Madam, Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends,

      for your information.

      Best regards,
      Klaus Rudolph
      Citizens' Initiative Omega
      Member of the Buergerwelle Germany (incorporated society)
      Umbrella Organization of the Citizens and Initiatives for the Protection
      before Electrosmog

      More on dementia & EMF exposure
      --------------------------------
      Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2003 Jul-Sep;17(3):139-45.
      <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Displa
      y&dopt=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=14512826>

      Risk factors for Alzheimer disease: a population-based case-control
      study in Istanbul, Turkey.

      Harmanci H, Emre M, Gurvit H, Bilgic B, Hanagasi H, Gurol E, Sahin H,
      Tinaz S.

      SUMMARY: The objective is to study risk factors for Alzheimer disease
      (AD) in Istanbul, Turkey. This is a population-based case-control study.
      We screened people over age 70 in the community for cognitive
      impairment. The screen positives and a proportion of screen negatives
      underwent neurologic examination in the second phase. Cases were 57
      "probable" AD patients and controls were 127 cognitively normal
      individuals identified by neurologic examination. Odds ratios (OR) were
      calculated using multivariate logistic regression analysis.
      Having a university/college degree had a protective effect on AD risk
      (OR = 0.10, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.02-0.50). Exposure to
      occupational electromagnetic field had an OR of 4.02 (95% CI =
      1.02-15.78). Use of electricity for residential heating also showed
      elevated risk (OR = 2.77, 95% CI = 1.12-6.85). Our results suggest that
      having a higher education is protective from AD and that electromagnetic
      field exposure at work or at home is a significant risk factor.

      and

      Mobile Phone Tower Regulation Should Be Obligatory, Not Voluntary
      The Australian Democrats today called for an urgent Government response
      to the new Dutch study that shows health effects from the radio signals
      from transmission towers for the next generation of mobile phone
      services. When the test group was exposed to 3G base station signals,
      they felt tingling sensations, got headaches and felt nauseous.

      Democrats' Communications spokesperson Senator John Cherry and Health
      spokesperson Senator Lyn Allison, said no Australian research has been
      done on the new 3G technology. Base stations have a shorter range,
      meaning substantially more towers are needed to achieve the same reach
      as GSM technology.

      Senator Allison said, "The Government relaxed emission standards to suit
      3G mobiles without any scientific justification and now it seems these
      transmitters pose significant health risks."

      Senator Allison chaired a 2001 Senate Inquiry into the effects of
      electromagnetic radiation and opposed the 'low impact' provisions in the
      Government's 1997 legislation, which left telecommunications carriers
      with extraordinary powers to commandeer buildings and sites
      for their roll-outs.

      Senator Cherry called for a halt to the 3G roll-out until Government
      agency, ARPANSA has provided a response to the Dutch study.

      "Before the roll-out gets underway, Australians need to be assured that
      it is safe, particularly for children and those who are involuntarily
      exposed to transmitters.

      "While the recent ACIF Code requires a carrier to have regard to
      community sensitive sites for smaller installations, it does not go far
      enough in terms of requiring carriers to consider alternatives to
      minimise the radiation risk to the public," Senator Cherry added.

      Last month the Democrats moved in the Senate an amendment to give the
      Australian Communications Authority the power to reject mobile phone
      towers being built near sensitive sites such as hospitals, schools and
      residential areas.

      The Democrat amendment would give the ACA the power to reject absolutely
      the siting of mobile phone towers adjacent to sensitive sites without
      community approval.

      The Democrats will be calling on the Government to support the Democrats
      amendment to the communications Bill no.1, when the Bill next goes
      through the House of Representatives and to strengthen the planning
      codes to take into account potential health risks.

      For an interview with Senator Cherry please contact: Pam Hose on 0408
      752 750
      For an interview with Senator Allison please contact: Vara Szajkowski on
      0408 764 328

      and

      High-tech eye on the kids (From the Sunday Tasmania)
      If any of you get the chance to see Micheal Moore's documentary "Bowling
      at Colombine" please do so. It examines how a culture of fear has
      evolved in the USA and that capitalising on that fear is Big Business,
      be it selling firearms for 'protection' or voting for a corrupt
      president to 'protect' America from terrorism.

      The below article on tracking devices for kids, is another example of a
      US product that uses perceived fear to sell a product. This should sell
      like hot cakes in America and Geoff Day hopes the same for Australia.

      Geoff Day, supposed co-creator of Kid Safe System Locators gives the
      impression in the article that this is an Australian designed product
      but a search on the web quickly finds this to be an American product.
      See http://www.kidsafesys.org/ and
      http://www.buythecow.com/usa/family/childtracker2.html

      After reading the fear laden information on the site, such as: "It is a
      sad and alarming fact that child abductions have reached epidemic levels
      in the U.S. in the past few years." You too may want to load your kids
      up with tracking devices to 'protect' them. Nevermind the problem, as
      Leif Salford put it that these kids may end up drowning "in a sea of
      microwaves."

      Don Maisch

      High-tech eye on the kids
      --------------------------
      Sunday Tasmanian

      PARENTS will soon be able to monitor their children's movements 24 hours
      a day with sophisticated tracking devices hidden in clothes and jewellery.

      Watches, bracelets and belts fitted with Global Positioning Systems and
      radio devices will go on sale in Australia next month as part of a
      controversial scheme to reduce abductions and drownings. [How would they
      protect against drownings??]

      The Australian designed accessories will relay information to satellites
      and mobile phone towers and allow parents to follow their children on
      the Internet.

      Co- creator of Kid Safe System Locators, Geoff Day, said parents using
      the system would be able to log on to a secure website and locate their
      children through a series of maps.

      He said a child wearing the GPS device would show up as a red dot on the
      screen. "If a child goes missing the parent can log on to a secure
      website and find their child by zooming in on maps," he said. "They can
      locate their child right down to a specific street name and an address
      anywhere in the world."

      But Queensland Council of Liberties president Ian Dearden said the
      device was an invasion of provacy. "But the question is whether it is a
      justified invasion," he said.

      --------

      3G Mobile Signals Can Cause Nausea, Headache –Study
      http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=3534786

      Informant: azul

      --------

      Hundreds of Women demonstrated
      -------------------------------
      Osfia, Israel: Hundred of women demonstrated in a quiet procession the
      former weekend against erecting antennas. The women claim that they are
      the main victims of the antennas because they stay with their children
      at home most of the day. The demonstration is about 1 month before the
      local elections.

      Former parliament member, Zidan Atshi, said that the reason for the
      procession-demonstration was the multitude of malignant diseases, and
      because of the fact that this year, 90 Osfia residents died of
      different forms of cancer. "There are people who try or tried, to erect
      antennas secretly. The demonstration comes to say that we know who these
      people are, even if they try to hide it. Their names and houses are
      known, and the fate of their antennas, like the fate of their houses -
      is in danger". Atshi said that the women are the main victims because
      they stay with their children at home and exposed to radiation 24 hours,
      not like the men who are at work at day time.

      Yediot Haifa, 26/9/2003, "Osfia, hundreds of women demonstrated against
      the antennas", by Rima Mustafa:
      http://www.yedhaifa.co.il/new/News/news_19.gif

      Informant: Iris Atzmon

      --------

      RE: Some thoughts & correspondence regarding the current weather situation
      FYI

      Our organization has been experimenting with weather modification and
      now offers our services to countries as an alternative to Natural
      Disasters such as Tropical Cyclones. Regardless of our precautions and
      strict protocols only a few developing countries will use our service.
      More to your point as of yet our research division has not yet observed
      any short term collateral natural disasters that could be explained or
      coupled with our projects. Weather Modification is here and we are proud
      to be at the forefront of this science http://www.cesargroup.org

      Robert Tye (Founder) B Sc., Hon Sc. Natural Sciences and Law
      Lead Researcher - Tropical Weather
      Chief of Field Operations and Research
      Re: Some thoughts & correspondence regarding the current weather situation

      Your comments and views are appreciated.

      Thanks, just one question regarding the input from Tom Bearden:

      Secretary of Defense William Cohen publicly confirmed in 1997 that
      "terrorists" were electromagnetically engineering our weather and
      changing the climate, triggering earthquakes, and initiating volcanoes
      into eruption.

      Is it conceivable that the August 28 blackout had been caused by an EM
      bomb, not some "fire" in some power station?

      The Russians (KGB) started serious weather engineering over North
      America in 1976 -- on July 4, to be exact -- their "bicentennial gift"
      to us. They do have a sense of macabre humor.

      I'm glad to see that Tom is 'up and running'.

      Regards,

      Dimi Chakalov
      http://members.aon.at/chakalov
      http://members.aon.at/chakalov/white_paper.html

      --------

      Official Position of the WHO on EHS as of February 2003

      Hi Klaus: Yesterday I was forwarded a copy of the letter below which
      articulates clearly what exactly is the WHO's (World Health
      Organisation) position on official recognition of our EHS condition.
      The letter was sent to a London based solicitor who had requested the
      WHO for this information on behalf of an English EHS potential litigant
      who had been misdiagnosed and "sectioned." I am omitting the identities
      of the EHS person and the solicitor to whom the letter was addressed
      because I have not requested their permission to publish their
      identities. Otherwise the content of the letter is transcribed without
      change below. Any typos of course are mine.

      Best, Imelda, Cork.

      WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
      Telephone Central/Exchange: 791. 2111
      Direct: 791. 2363
      email: nabarrod

      Dear -----------,

      Dr. Brundtland asked me to pay careful attention to your letter to her
      dated 3 February. We are concerned to read of the difficulties faced by
      -------------to which you refer. In the meantime, the following comments
      may be of help.

      * In general the WHO does not become involved in the individual
      medical cases. Our Member States require us to provide advice on the
      health of populations in response to instructions provided to us through
      our governing bodies.

      * The phenomenon of ES is well recognized. The symptoms are well
      described but at the present level of scientific knowledge, there is no
      scientific evidence-base for the provision of advice in specific cases.
      Hence the adoption of precautionary approaches to minimize exposure to
      sources of Electro-Magnetic fields.

      * Several countries have acknowledged the existence of the
      condition of Electro Magnetic sensitivity but there is no clear
      understanding of causality. Public health authorities are awaiting
      analysis and conclusions of the scientific community in order to take
      appropriate action. It looks as though several years will be required to
      complete this analysis; to the best of my knowledge, no group is seeking
      to delay this process.

      * This means there will inevitably be an interval of at least a
      year or two before firm evidence-based medical guidance can be provided.
      We seek to produce interim reports on the state of the art as new
      evidence becomes available.

      Yours Sincerely,

      Dr. David Nabarro, CBE FRCP, FFPHM
      Executive Director
      Sustainable Development and Healthy Environments.

      --------

      Cell phone danger quoted in Culture Change
      Greetings Mr. Rudolph,

      I have incorporated a small passage from your previous report, into the
      current Culture Change Letter, regarding damage to mammals from cell
      phones. Thank you for your work.

      Best wishes,
      Jan Lundberg
      http://culturechange.org/e-letter-dysfunction.html

      ---

      RE: Love Sickness
      ------------------

      [.....]

      The medical doctor leading this campaign is, Dr. Rosemary Basson. She is
      well-funded by pharma money to promote the reality of a female sexual
      disorder/disease whose dominant symptom is that the female patient has
      no interest in sex.

      Brian Deer points out "For hospital ethics committees to approve
      new-product trials, they must first have a disease for the product to
      treat. No disease, no treatment. End of story. But if the campaign
      Basson launched to change definitions succeeds, sexual interest disorder
      becomes a bona-fide problem to which remedies may be properly
      addressed." And he discloses that a major concern he has is that "the
      British doctor may be pathologising healthy women, and bringing medicine
      where it doesn't belong."

      Plastic surgeons in the US (at least) used to (maybe they still do)
      identified in the human female the disease of having small breasts
      ("micromastia") which of course required surgical correction.

      But to return to the point, perhaps these problems are really
      widespread, and that is why I receive every day dozens of emails
      offering increased sex drive, a larger penis, and so on. Just
      capitalism at work solving our problems..... But is it not frightening
      to be apparently so well understood by strangers?

      Alan Muller
      Green Delaware

      --------

      Why Gaia Needs Rainforests
      This article can be found on the I-SIS website at http://www.i-sis.org.uk/

      --------

      ENN DAILY NEWS

      Concrete jungles losing forests and other stories
      American cities are losing their trees at a catastrophic rate. Satellite
      images comparing the tree cover of 448 urban areas show that urban areas
      have lost more than 20 percent of their trees in the last 10 years.

      http://www.enn.com/news/2003-09-30/s_8817.asp

      New Bush administration policy could open land to oil, gas development
      New guidelines issued Monday by the Bush administration could allow oil
      and gas companies and off-road vehicles on federal lands that had been
      off-limits to protect their natural qualities.

      http://www.enn.com/news/2003-09-30/s_8929.asp

      --------

      THE BIG LIE
      ------------
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13434081_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-THE-BIG-LIE-name_page.html

      FYI or not,
      Hans Karow.

      PS.: if there is doubt or it is not true, please let me know.

      --------

      TIME TO ACT
      http://www.soulofacitizen.org/articles/Time.htm

      --------

      Army Reserve fears troop exodus
      http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-09-29-reserves_x.htm

      Chains of slavery
      http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/blow/blow5.html

      Revolting development
      http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20031001/index.php

      What’s love of democracy got to do with it?
      http://www.fff.org/comment/com0309r.asp

      Corporations the main victors in Iraq
      http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=1593&mode=thread&order=0

      But foreign aid is bribery!
      http://www.fff.org/comment/com0309q.asp

      Iraq and Tet, George W. and LBJ
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34830
      http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20030929.shtml
      http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=1590&mode=thread&order=0

      Informant: Thomas L. Knapp

      --------

      Another Falsehood on Iraq Goes Unchallenged
      http://www.fair.org/activism/powell-inspectors.html

      --------

      No Wonder America Has So Many Enemies
      http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/newsArticle.asp?id=1138

      --------

      Iraq postwar insecurity began in Washington
      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=%2Fafp%2F20030928%2Fpl_afp%2Fus_iraq_security_030928213448

      Please paste in news letter a few times a week for a few months, if possible
      Folks,

      Dr. Rebecca Carley is one of the most dedicated, respected, and upright
      women I know. She has been a guest lecturer at international conferences
      on the subject of the dangers of vaccines. She is deserving of your support.

      She is fighting this battle for all of us. In retaliation, NYS
      government has come down as hard on her as they can. Anything you may be
      able to do to help her will be remembered by many.

      Ron Loeber