Wird geladen ...
Beim Laden des Inhalts ist leider ein Fehler aufgetreten.

MSc in Music, Mind and Brain at Goldsmiths, University of London

Nachrichten erweitern
  • Parncutt, Richard (richard.parncutt@uni-g
    Nachricht 1 von 1 , 6. Apr. 02:58
    Quelle anzeigen
    • 0 Anhang
      FW: AMPS members: MSc in Music, Mind and Brain at Goldsmiths, University of London

      We are currently inviting applications for a taught MSc pogramme in Music, Mind and Brain at Goldsmiths, University of London, UK. Applications are considered on an ongoing basis so early application is essential.  Detailed information on the programme is available here: http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-music-mind-brain/ <http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-music-mind-brain/>

      Programme content
      As a student on the MSc, you will learn about topics in music perception/cognition and the cognitive neuroscience of music, and will acquire all the necessary skills to pursue your own high-quality research.

      Career options
      The programme will appeal to you if you are interested in pursuing doctoral research or if you are already a music professional wishing to approach music scientifically. Career options that would benefit from an MSc in Music, Mind and Brain include academia, musical performance, the creative industries and music education/therapy.

      Teaching staff
      Programme directors, Dr Lauren Stewart <http://www.gold.ac.uk/psychology/staff/stewart/ <http://www.gold.ac.uk/psychology/staff/stewart/> > and Dr Daniel Mullensiefen <http://www.gold.ac.uk/psychology/staff/mullensiefen/ <http://www.gold.ac.uk/psychology/staff/mullensiefen/> > are joined by an expert teaching faculty, from within and outside Goldsmiths. Our Eminent Invited Speaker series <http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-music-mind-brain/staff/#d.en.17936> brings world-leading researchers to Goldsmiths to present their latest research to our students.

      Entry requirements
      You will normally need a good degree (upper second class or above) in psychology or a related subject (cognitive science, neuroscience) with a research component. If you have a background in music or a related subject you will be required to demonstrate background knowledge and/or experience of psychological and/or neuroscientific approaches. In exceptional circumstances, other degrees and professional qualifications may be considered.

      What students say about the course
      I'm absolutely loving this course. Coming from a musical and philosophical background, I wanted to ground my views better in what has been discovered in neuroscience concerning the aesthetic and emotional experience of music and its evolutionary origins. In this, the course has already exceeded my expectations. I've already changed my philosophical views, after only one term. It's been a blizzard of research-based information, but 'mind-opening' in every way. I don't read books any more. Only research papers. The lectures, excellently backed up with computerized lecture notes, handouts and research papers, unfold each week a new aspect of music and the brain. It's all beginning to jigsaw together. And it's a marvellous preparation for a PhD. ( Lewis Hampson, MMB 2008).

      This MSc is the only program of its kind in the world that would allow me to study the neuroscience of music. It has provided me with the hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge required to pursue a PhD using neuroimaging to studying music. It also increased my ability to think analytically and approach scientific problems. The course has been a great pleasure, and I have gained new understanding in this field. (Ben Schleifer, MMB 2008).

      For further information and to apply:
      http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-music-mind-brain/ <http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-music-mind-brain/>

      Contact the course directors:
      Lauren Stewart (l.stewart@... <l.stewart@...> )
      Daniel Mullensiefen (d.mullensiefen@... <d.mullensiefen@...> )

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      NEW! Information about the MSc. in Music, Mind and Brain:

      http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/pg/msc-music-mind-brain.php

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      Dr Lauren Stewart
      Senior Lecturer
      Department of Psychology
      Whitehead Building
      Goldsmiths, University of London
      New Cross
      London. SE14 6NW.

      Tel: 020 7919 7195
      Fax: 020 7919 7873
      Email: l.stewart@...
      http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/psychology/staff/stewart.php

    Deine Nachricht wurde erfolgreich abgeschickt und wird in Kürze an die Empfänger geliefert.