New article at artefact - a site of philosophy
- Quelle anzeigenCologne 31-Jan-2007
Apologies for cross-postings.
A new article (in German) has just been added to the artefact inventory:
0) 'Der Wert ist ein Spiel Marx anders denken'
'Value is a game Thinking Marx differently', talk given at the
Philosophical Café in Wuppertal on 22 January 2007.
And once again my current artefact writings in an improved formatting
for enhanced readability.
1. An Other Beginning - Here Comes Everybody: The Joycean work of art
against the foil of Heidegger's thinking
Paper presented to the conference Heidegger und die Dichtung in Meßkirch
24-28 May 2006.
2. Technology, Technique, Interplay: Questioning Die Frage nach der
Paper presented to the conference 4. Aussprache über die Philosophie
Martin Heideggers 01-03 June 2006 at the Bergische University in
3. Painting close to the origin
A philosophical note on how and what Jon Groom's art
4. Social Power and Government - With a focus on Hobbes' political
Thesis: the phenomenon of specifically social power, and in particular,
political social power, has not been conceived adequately in the
philosophical tradition starting with Plato and Aristotle.
5. Exchange, Value, Justice
A study passing through Aristotle, Adam Smith and Karl Marx that
rethinks exchange-value in connection with the question of the justice
of so-called 'bourgeois relations of production'.
6. The Principle of Reason and Justice -- Leaping from the ground
through Leibniz, Hegel,
Nietzsche and Heidegger to Anaximander and the groundlessness of
7. Questioning the Earth's Value --Including a proposal for a capitalist
carbon sink industry.
The crux of this proposal depends on seeing clearly that the concept of
ground-rent is the appropriate one for grasping the value of the Earth
under that constellation of being called capitalism.
8. Why social justice is a specious idea
Because it obfuscates the charitable nature of social welfare, the idea
of social justice leads inevitably to an all-caring, social-totalitarian
state that dangerously interferes with the free metabolism of civil
society and undermines the independence and self-reliance of civil
9. Social Being, Whoness, Freedom - A Sketch
Paper as presented to the 24th North Texas Heidegger Symposium
Erde-Welt-Umwelt 8-9 April 2005 at The University of Dallas, Irving,
Texas. The thoughts here are distilled from my Social
10. Assessing How Heidegger Thinks Power Through the History of Being
The trace of how Heidegger thinks power through the history of being can
be followed back to the concept of energeia in Aristotle's Metaphysics.
According to Heidegger, this concept is the start of the trajectory of
the being of beings cast as Wirklichkeit, actuality. Energeia is paired
metaphysically with dynamis, i.e. power, potential, capability. One such
power is the art of rhetoric, famously also investigated by Aristotle.
But what is the power of such a know-how when faced with the otherness
of the other?...
11. Cologne Theses 03 June 2004
Theses on how Heidegger's thinking has to be extended and revamped to
cope with the phenomenon of the other human being, the as yet unfolded
fold in being covered by the 'second person',
both singular and plural.
12. Heidegger's Restricted Interpretation of the Greek
Conception of the Political
Revised and extended version of a paper 'Heidegger's Apolitical
Conception of the Political' (see below) presented to the 22nd.
Heidegger Symposium History, Historicity and Mystery in Heidegger 30
October-02 November, 2002 University of North Texas.
13. 1984 Preface to Critique of Competitive Freedom and the
This is the preface to my Ph.D. dissertation in Philosophy accepted by
the University of Sydney in 1984.
14. Heidegger's Apolitical Conception of the Political
Twisting Heidegger's thinking into the 'horizontal' of social relations.
15. Casting within Enpropriation and the Leap from Standing Presence
Some observations on Heidegger's Beiträge zur
Philosophie and leave-taking from metaphysics.
16. Metaphysics of Feminism: A Critical Note on Judith Butler's Gender
Today's feminist discourse claims to be situated beyond the strictures
of the metaphysics of substance. Butler's call for the subversion of
"matrices of cultural intelligibility that govern gendered life" does
not go deep enough in questioning gender.
17. Entwurf einer digitalen Ontologie (Draft Casting of a Digital
A study (in both German and English) of the digital casting of beings in
the digital age. Where do the digital beings cast before us today come
18. Worldsharing and Encounter: Heidegger and Lévinas
On the ontology of togetherness (Mitsein), with a critical excursus on
Lévinas' ethics of the Other as contrast.
19. The Quivering of Propriation: A Parallel Way to Music
In parallel to the way language makes way to language, music makes way
to music. Initially, this formula does not make much sense...
20. Heidegger's Hölderlin and John Cage
English version of a paper that attempts to substitute John Cage for
Hölderlin in Heidegger's thought.
21. Heideggers Hölderlin und/and John Cage
German version of the preceding paper.
22. Capital and Technology: Marx and Heidegger
English version of a paper that crosses and entwines Marx and Heidegger
to think through the essence of technology and capitalism in a unified
23. Kapital und Technik: Marx und Heidegger
German version of the preceding paper.
24. kaum ständig noch (barely still standing) - Phenomenology of
A treatise in German on masculinity, whose ontology is explored through
a phenomenology of whoness. A radical, genuinely philosophical
alternative to feminist discourse to date (cultural studies,
psychoanalysis, etc.) is offered.
25. As - A Critical Note on D.F. Krell's 'Daimon Life'
Having it out with Krell's treatise on life and life-philosophy.
Forthcoming: Posthumous Writings.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_- artefact text and translation _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- made by art _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
http://www.webcom.com/artefact/ _-_-_-_- artefact@... _-_
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Dr Michael Eldred -_-_-